On 20th February 2020, Shri Ashok Gehlot presented the State Budget 2020-21 in Vidhan Sabha. Among other things, it included various new welfare boards & proposed constitution of some new funds in Rajasthan Budget 2020-21 as under:
New Welfare Boards:
Rajasthan State Economically Backward Class Board (RSEBCB)
- The RSEBCB will be formed for the welfare of people belonging to economically backward class.
State Mining Exploration Trust
Board of Investment
- The Board of Investment under the chairmanship of the chief minister has been proposed to expedite approval process for large investment proposals which currently takes 3-6 months.
- As per the existing practices, investment proposals above Rs 100 crore are cleared by a state-level empowered committee, after which they go the cabinet for final approval. But once the new board gets instituted, the proposals would not require cabinet approval in normal cases.
| New Boards in Rajasthan State Budget 2020-21 |
| New Funds in Rajasthan Budget 2020-21 |
- The Budget proposed a Rs 75 core fund for startup on the name “Rajiv Gandhi @75 Fund”.
Pravasi Rajasthani Shramik Kalyan Kosh
Nirogi Rajasthan Management Fund
- Under Nirogi Rajasthan, a campaign to create awareness among people to prevent all kinds of lifestyle diseases.
- Each village in the state will have two ‘swastha mitras‘ – a male and a female – to spread the door-to-door campaign in the villages.
- Each district will be allocated Rs 1 crore each.
Nehru Bal Protection Fund
- A separate fund of Rs 100 crore has been proposed for the first time for rehabilitation of children, who are rescued from child labour and other children who needs support and care of the state government.
Tourism Development Fund
- The Rs 100-crore tourism development fund will be used for promoting tourism and developing ‘ease of traveling policy‘ in Rajasthan.
- The tourism department will prepare a plan for detailing the areas where the corpus would be spent.
New Boards in Rajasthan State Budget 2020-21 | New Funds in Rajasthan Budget 2020-21 |