Chief Minister Shri Ashok Gehlot chaired the meeting of State Cabinet at CM Office on October 14th. Several important decisions were taken therein, including:
Indirect election of the mayors or chairpersons
- Indirect election of the mayors or chairpersons of the municipal corporations and other municipalities. This decision was taken in favour of the public representatives’ repeated demand and broader public interest.
Withdrawal of Pension for MISA pensioners
- The Cabinet further decided to withdraw the pension, medical facility and other allowances of the MISA, DIR and CrPC prisoners in the state.
- Previous government had decided in favour of offering these facilities to such prisoners as per Rajasthan Loktantra Senani Samman Nidhi Niyam, 2008, which the Cabinet annulled.
- This decision would save about Rs. 40 crore annually.
Extension of TSP Benefits for Women
- The State Cabinet also decided to give reservation benefits of the TSP region to the women of non-TSP area, who were residing in the TSP area after getting married. For this, the Department of Personnel would issue a fresh notification overriding the notification dated July 4, 2016.
Other Important Decisions
Other important decisions of the Cabinet include,
- Amendments in various clerical staff services rules to give relaxation from having computer skills to the widow Class IV employees’ for promotion as clerk
- 7th Pay Commission salary benefits to the semi-skilled and unskilled mechanics of the Civil Aviation department;
- Change of cadre of the Psychological Counselors from Rajasthan Medical & Health Subordinate Services to the State Service;
- Amendment in Rajasthan Civil Service (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 to ensure better salary payments to the Assistant Statistical Officer (Agriculture) and the Statistical Assistant of Agriculture department;
- Amendment in Rajasthan Assembly Secretariat (Recruitment & Service Conditions) Rules, 1992 for relaxation in experience from 3 years to 2 years for promotion.