The State government will begin cashless insurance of up to Rs 5 lakh under a universal health scheme for all families of Rajasthan from 01 May 2021 under the Chief Minister Chiranjeevi Health Insurance Scheme .
Rajasthan Chief Minister Shri Ashok Gehlot had announced this scheme during State Budget 2021-22. The State Government has extended the last for application from 30th April 2021 to 31 May 2021.
Salient features of Chief Minister Chiranjeevi Health Insurance Scheme
- The Scheme will provide free insurance to all families under BPL, NFSA and SECC categories.
- The scheme will begin on 01 May 2021, the International Labour Day.
- Those families covered under Ayushman Bharat Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana, along with contractual workers and small and marginal farmers, can also avail of this scheme for free.
- Families not included in these categories will also be eligible for the benefits, although they have to pay 50 per cent of the premium, which will come to around Rs 850 annually.
- Registration for those not included in the BPL/National Food Security Act (NFSA)/Socio Economic Caste Census (SECC) beneficiary list will begin from 01 April 2021.
- Besides major diseases, the scheme will also include Covid-19 care and haemodialysis for the poor.
- The scheme is budgeted around Rs 3,500 crore.
Once implemented, Rajasthan will become the first State in India to provide Universal Health Coverage for its citizens.
Registrations for Chief Minister Chiranjeevi Health Insurance Scheme will begin from 01 April 2021.