On 18th December 2019, Chief Minister Mr. Gehlot inaugurated the first Janta Clinic in Rajasthan at Valmiki Basti in the Malviya Nagar area, Jaipur. These Janta Clinics will be located close to homes & mohallas and provide free primary health care to people living in slums.
Janta Clinics: All you need to Know
- Janta Clinics have been planned to ease overcrowding in hospitals attached to Sawai Man Singh Medical College and to bring healthcare services at doorstep.
- After Jaipur, Jodhpur will become the second city to open Janta clinics. Apart from the three clinics which are ready for inauguration, there are 15 others which will come up soon.
- Difference from Primary Heath Centres:
- Janta clinics will be different from urban Primary Health Centres (PHCs) as these will have out patient department and will focus on child and reproductive health services.
- These clinics will offer only OPD facilities and they will have no facility for indoor patients’ admission, whereas in primary health centres and urban primary health centres, a patient can be admitted for treatment.
- Future Funds: Once these clinics run successfully for a period of three months, the state government plans to rope in private companies who have funds to spare under CSR.
- Staff at Janta Clinic:The health department will deploy one doctor, two nursing staff, one pharmacist and one helper. Moreover, the state government will rope in doctors on contractual basis.
- People would get free medicines, and free medical examination.
- It will have 15 different types of diagnostic test facilities.
- These clinics will be used for outreach camps of the health department for reproductive and child health services such as ante-natal checkups, immunization and other such activities.
Work Flow at Janta Clinics:
The State Government is planning to to redefine the process at healthcare facilities through Janta Clinics as it plans for paperless registration of patients and doctors prescribing medicines on computer applications.
- A computerised machine will be installed at the Janta clinic, on which a patient will file his/her details on his/her own or with a helper.
- His or her vital examination will be done, including his blood pressure measurement, pulse, height and weight.
- The doctor will prescribe medicines on computer applications.
- The prescription will go to pharmacists directly online and the patients will get medicines as well as the prescriptions from the pharmacist.
Featured Image Credits: Rajasthan Patrika