In march 2020, the state government has issued an order and constituted the Chief Minister’s Economic Transformation Advisory Council.
Chief Minister’s Economic Transformation Advisory Council
The aim of the council is to tackle challenges coming in the way of progress and development of the state. “The council will advise the state on the following — management of state finances, increasing production, identifying areas for employment generation, ensuring the smooth implementation of schemes and policies related to health, cleanliness and education,”.
- Chief Minister will be the head of the council.
- Arvind Mayaram will be the vice-chairman of the council.
- Dr. Govind Sharma – Advisor Member.
- The Council has made Chief Secretary and Additional Chief Secretary Finance and Principal Secretary Chief Minister as – Member and Principal Government Secretary Planning as Member Secretary.
- The members of the council also include — Ashok Gulati, businessmen Anil Agarwal and Laxmi Niwas Mittal, Bollywood actor Nandita Das, former banker Naina Lal Kidwai, economist Rathin Roy, Mr. Vikram Mehta and Dr. Devi Shetty and few others.
- The meeting of the council will take place once in six months on a mandatory basis.
- A working group of the council will be formed in which subject experts will be nominated by the Chief Minister. The responsibility of the Working Group will be to provide meaningful suggestions along with research and analytical activities to prepare a policy paper for the Council. Members of the working group may be nominated from the Council members or from outside the Council for a period of 2 years.
- In the Council meetings, the Minister nominated by the Chief Minister, Minister of State and Additional Chief Secretary of the concerned departments, Principal Secretary of Government will also be called for discussion
- The tenure of the council is up to March 2022 and can be extended if required.